Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bruce Springsteen, Hersheypark Arena, May 14, 2014

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

May 14, 2014

Hersheypark Arena, Hershey, PA


The concert was amazing.  The venue was a little lacking, but it didn't matter one bit.  Seeing Bruce Springsteen live was life changing, like a religious experience.  A little secret... I had never been to a large venue concert before this and it was pretty great being deflowered by none other than The Boss.  My life will never be the same.  I want to go see another stadium show.  I want to be in the pit, rubbing shoulders with other people who are completely happy to be where they are, and I want to feel the energy of the crowd.  Despite the fact that there were 20,000+ people in attendance, at times it felt like everything zeroed down to me, David, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.  When David grabbed my hand and we held on to each other through the tide of emotion that swept through the crowd, I forgot everything but us and the music.  Sometimes I had goosebumps, other times tears in my eyes, and there were times when I just wanted a song to be over.

It was beautiful and I can't wait to do it again...




No comments:

Post a Comment